Monday 16 February 2009

Parking problems at Gloweth

A packed public meeting at Gloweth outlined the major problems local residents are having in their street. Students at Truro College and staff and visitors at Treliske Hospital are using the roads in residential estates to park their cars all day.

This is causing havoc in these roads making it difficult for residents and also causing real hazards in the event of emergency vehicles being called out. I used to live in College Way so really understand exactly how annoying this nuisance is. Cars are parked on pavements, front gardens being driven over and little thought given to local householders and children who live there.

The new park and ride costs £1 for the entire day. I would have thought this was the best option for those people who bring their cars into Truro every day. It is really unfair to clog up someone else's road.

When planning permission for these homes was given great care was put into making sure there were parking spaces for each house. The roads are the right width to ensure that cars would have enough room to manoeuvre but all of this is lost at present.

The Gloweth residents Association would like restricted parking ie between 11am and 3pm to stop people parking there all day. There certainly needs to be some action and soon!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A characteristic of Thomas Sabo trinkets silver, and that it engaged in a very specialized. And the outcome is plainly noticeable. Essentially a metal manage, but liability so in a very careful way to grasp more than agreeable results. Each year two collections are released.

Unknown said...

Hi Terrye

I agree with you about this

Hope they do something soon!

Mirella
Trophy Engraving

radhe said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. Very informative content and I enjoyed reading your blog keep it up.
egypt Holiday Packages
Cheap egypti Holidays
egypt Holidays

Veer said...

Nice blog. Interesting information.
This looks like a very nice place! I liked it so much and very interesting, too! Thanks for sharing the experience.
cheap flights to osaka
< flights to osaka
< osaka flights

royal said...

Hi,
Faljo.com - Your online source for Online Auctions, Online Shopping, Car Auctions and much more. Buy and Sell with our Online Auction community today, the World's online marketplace. Just Sign up and begin to buy and sell everything in auction now.

Thanks
Online Auction

Beats by Dre Headphones said...

I��m Beats by Dre Earphones going to give a little back-story about myself, but you can click here to jump straight down to the p90x review Beats by Dre Headphones.
About a year ago I was preparing to change my life Px90 Workout. I was going to switch majors and go to a new school P90x Reviews. Although I was moving back to my hometown, it was kind of like a fresh start because I hadn��t lived there for 2 years Beats by Dre. On top of it all, I was overweight (the heaviest I have ever been).
But, I didn��t let this faze me Px90. Instead, I put it into a positive perspective and looked at it as an opportunity to reinvent myself.
I was tired of just wanting and waiting for things ��some day.�� I was ready to take some action. I needed some kind of initiation. Before I could prove myself to the world, I needed to prove myself to myself��
I remember it was something the trainer said though that really caught my attention. He said, ��Get out of your head about it.��If you want to know a little bit more about my story, read about my life change.