Monday 16 February 2009

Super windmills at Carland Cross

Residents of St Newlyn East and Fiddler's Green are annoyed that no public meeting was held by Carrick District Council to outline the ScottishPower application for super turbines at Carland.

ScottishPower want to take down the 15 49 metres windmills and replace it with 10 100 metre super wind turbines. The site size would also be dramatically increased.

The biggest issue for me on this is that the local authority do not seem to have been prepared to allow local residents to air their views. Surely they have a right to ask councillors to listen to their objections at a public site meeting.

I wrote to Carrick Chairman Councillor John Dyer last week to ask him why no meeting with the public had taken place. A large application like this should, in my view, always have a meeting to allow local residents a voice.

8 comments:

BLIND said...

Cool post :)
Keep up!

wanna to visit back?

http://irntorqgirl.blogspot.com/

don't forget to comment on my cbox and lets be friend :)

sophia smith said...

Wow..Its really interesting post..Thanks a lot for sharing...I would like to read more articles from you..Please keep posting..

kamagra online

Veer said...

Nice blog. Interesting information.
This looks like a very nice place! I liked it so much and very interesting, too! Thanks for sharing the experience.
cheap flights to cebu
< Flights to cebu
< cebu flights

KONA said...

interesting article
european health insurance

KONA said...

cool post
red kitchenaid mixer

royal said...

Hi,
I have read your blog and I appreciate the information which you shared here. I update my knowledge after read your post.

Thanks for sharing!
GPS Bike Tracker

Beats by Dre Headphones said...

I��m Beats by Dre Earphones going to give a little back-story about myself, but you can click here to jump straight down to the p90x review Beats by Dre Headphones.
About a year ago I was preparing to change my life Px90 Workout. I was going to switch majors and go to a new school P90x Reviews. Although I was moving back to my hometown, it was kind of like a fresh start because I hadn��t lived there for 2 years Beats by Dre. On top of it all, I was overweight (the heaviest I have ever been).
But, I didn��t let this faze me Px90. Instead, I put it into a positive perspective and looked at it as an opportunity to reinvent myself.
I was tired of just wanting and waiting for things ��some day.�� I was ready to take some action. I needed some kind of initiation. Before I could prove myself to the world, I needed to prove myself to myself��
I remember it was something the trainer said though that really caught my attention. He said, ��Get out of your head about it.��If you want to know a little bit more about my story, read about my life change.

reginag said...

Thanks for sharing us this information.

house cleaning salt lake