Saturday 14 June 2008

Call centres

I visited an elderly couple this week. They are having problems getting their insurance company to pay up on a claim.  I read through the paperwork and as far as I am concerned the insurance company are well out of order and they are demanding money off them!  The gentleman cannot sleep and has already been in hospital for high blood pressure.  This couple are in their 80's. 

 I rang the insurance company but of course the person you want is never around - on a training course.  And no-one has bothered to ring back even though they said they would.  I expect it will be days before I get through and then they will say I can't deal with it.  

Call centres pushing you around from pillar to post.  The funny thing is they call it Customer service.  I like a real person on the end of the phone who is really trained to be able to answer the questions.
I am determined to help this couple though as it reminds me of my mum and dad and the sorts of problems they had.  It's really hard for older people to deal with stuff like this.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hiya :),

I actually work in a call centre (although not for an insurance firm)...in my experience they are often bad all round; for the customers and employees...

Anonymous said...

Nice blog. Interesting information.
This looks like a very nice place! I liked it so much and very interesting, too! Thanks for sharing the experience.
Cheap Flights to Hanio
Flights to Hanio
Hanio Flights

radhe said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. Very informative content and I enjoyed reading your blog keep it up.
sydney Holiday Packages
Cheap sydney Holidays
sydney Holidays

royal said...

Nice Post!
I am really glad to found your post in which you offered interesting information. It is really good read to me.

Thanks for sharing information!
Vehicle Tracking System In India

royal said...

Hi,
I have read your blog and I appreciate the information which you shared here. I update my knowledge after read your post.

Thanks for sharing!
Crystal Bridal Jewelry

royal said...

Hi,
Faljo.com is your online source for Online Auctions, Online Shopping, Car Auctions and much more. Buy and Sell with our Online Auction community today, the World's online marketplace. Just Sign up and begin to buy and sell everything in auction now.

Thanks
Car Auction

Beats by Dre Headphones said...

I��m going to give a little back-story about myself, but you can Beats by Dre Earphones click here to jump straight down to the p90x review.
About a year ago I was preparing to change my life. I was going to switch majors and go to a new school. Although I was moving back to my hometown, it was kind of like a fresh start because I hadn��t lived there for 2 years. On top of it all, I was overweight (the heaviest I have ever been) Beats by Dre.
But, I didn��t let this faze me. Instead, I put it into a positive perspective and looked at it as an opportunity to reinvent myself P90x Reviews.
I was tired of just wanting and waiting for things ��some day P90x Workout.�� I was ready to take some action px90 reviews. I needed some kind of initiation Beats by Dre Headphones. Before I could prove myself to the world, I needed to prove myself to myself��
I remember it was something the trainer said though that really caught my attention. He said, ��Get out of your head about it.��If you want to know a little bit more about my story, read about my life change.