Wednesday 12 March 2008

Nick Clegg speaking at Liverpool

Nick made an excellent speech at conference. I think the thing that did it for me was his sincerity. It made me feel proud that I was in the Liberal Democrats. Politicians are clever with their words. But here was a man who truly believed in what he was saying about social justice. His ability to roam the stage with no podium or notes for fifty minutes was pretty impressive too.
Considering the vote on the Treaty of Lisbon problems of last week Nick was completely upbeat. He has the ability to keep moving forward despite adversity. I like that. What really annoys me is that the press seem to forget that the Liberal Democrats were the only party wanting a Referendum on the European constitution - do you want in or out? But the Speaker would not allow that debate. It's a nonsense because neither the Labour party or the Tories want to come out of Europe in any way. It's just window dressing and a sop to their followers - particularly in the Conservative party. This nonsense about the Treaty of Lisbon vote is just not the issue at all. But the public are only given the 30 second sound bites. It is about time this country really understood the issues involved once and for all. The silly comments people make to me about Europe. I even had one man saying that its all a huge German plot and our gold bullion was being shipped to Germany!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not only did Pandora Bracelets uk point me toward popular artists such as Eminem and Akon, but it also played some lesser known artists such as Blue Scholars. I'll go into more depth below about the various parts of the site, but if you stop reading here, I love the site and you should definitely check it out.

royal said...

Hi,
I am glad to found your post in which you offered interesting information. It is really good read to me.

Thanks for sharing information!
VGPS Tracker

royal said...

Fabulous Post!
We offer vehicle gps tracking systems that can be hidden in your vehicle.Our GPS monitoring tracking device allows you to monitor a vehicle at all times.This is a cost-saving vehicle and assets positioning solution to track your truck or car fleet for security and logistics reasons.

Thanks
GPS Vehicle Tracking India