Tuesday 4 March 2008

Car parking charges at Treliske


In November last year I visited the hospital regularly to visit my sick mother.
Every time it cost £1.70 for 2 hours duration. Sometimes I just wanted to nip in quickly to see Mum and drop something off. No-one at any time told me that there were any special rates available. I understand that there is a slight discount if you pay for a month's parking. One lady I spoke to while out collecting my petition told me that she had paid for the month's parking. Her husband had died after 10 days but no refund was given. I think this is unacceptable.
I am currently collecting a petition to allow people to park for 30 mins for 50p and 1 hours for £1. I think this is a reasonable request for those people who do not wish to pay for the whole 2 hrs session. Please let me know of any problems you have had. Thank you. Terrye

5 comments:

timx said...

You are right of course - but to my mind an even worse problem is the young Mum who takes her child in for emergency attention, not having any idea how long she will be there. She may well end up with a clamp I guess. I confess that on my visits I cadge a lift from family....

topsl said...

I wrote to Matthew Taylor recently about these charges, suggesting that QPark charge for the time parked. They have the facility to charge to the nearest five minutes if they want to. This is not a car park to a shopping mall where people can come and go as they please. They are treating patients and people visiting sick and dying relatives in an appalling way. Matthew Taylor tells me that I have to live in his constituency for him to do anything about it, no doubt my MP Julia Goldsworthy will tell me that Treliske is not in her constituency and that her hands are thus also tied. meanwhile QPark continue to "Prey" on everyone who has to drive to Treliske hospital.

Anonymous said...

These replica watches bands online offer the public the chance to feel the experience of having a Tag Heuer watch but not straining one's pocket. One will just have to make a proper assessment which replica watch is a better imitation of the original ones.

royal said...

Hi,
I am really admire the information which you shared here in your blog which is really good read to me.

Thanks
Online Crystal Designs

royal said...

Hi,
Faljo.com is your online source for Online Auctions, Online Shopping, Car Auctions and much more. Buy and Sell with our Online Auction community today, the World's online marketplace. Just Sign up and begin to buy and sell everything in auction now.

Thanks for sharing!
Shopping Online