Tuesday 30 October 2007

Very difficult times


While I was in Singapore my mother was rushed into Treliske hospital having suffered a stroke. Fortunately my brother and sister in law were staying with her. The last two weeks have been a round of visits and updates from the medical staff.

Unfortunately today we have had to come to terms with the fact that mum just isn't going to make it. She just barely responds and only to us - the family. The future would be bleak for her and she was a very independent lady.

What a difficult decision to come to terms with - a bedridden future at best or being allowed to slip away with dignity.

The staff have been fantastic and Mr Battle, my Mum's consultant, has shown great compassion. There may be all sorts of financial trauma surrounding the hospital but the front line staff have all demonstrated warmth, humanity and commitment. Thank you very much.

1 comment:

Backintheday said...

Terrye, I am so sorry to read this. What a difficult time for you and the family. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. Arwen x