Wednesday 4 April 2007

Light at the end of the tunnel

What a fantastic day - the weather is glorious. Not that I need to be reminded but this is why I love Cornwall and find it such a great place to live and work.

The last few weeks have been a bit hectic. My Dad died on February 27th and two of my daughters returned from abroad: Singapore and Moscow. My brother also returned from Milan in Italy. My mother was also diagnosed with an irregular heartbeat following Dad's death so she has been in Treliske for 8 days. She had excellent care and as a past night sister herself really enjoyed the experience and seeing all the new ways of doing things in hospital. She was particularly taken with the latest thermometers (not like the ones she had to sterilise!).

Mum has been staying with me in Tregony while recouperating with her cat, India. She is a lot better now and has gone over with my brother to her home near Helston today.

Last night Robin and I drove to Heathrow Airport and back to take Tor and Zac to get their flight to Singapore. Our home will be quiet for the first time in weeks.

On top of all the above the kitchen is still ripped out awaiting further building works. Robin, on his Easter recess from London, is now painting the ceiling so that at least is moving things on.

Today is the first day I have been able to give attention to my business in Launceston. It is a little bit quieter as the Easter holidays mean quite a few people are away from work.

Over the next few weeks I want to get out and help get some good District council results. As a past Chairman of Kerrier District council I am keen to see a good Lib Dem result.

No comments: